If you have more basil in your garden then you know what to do with, make a basil dressing. Fresh garlic, lemon & basil flavors that pop. I use this dressing with my chicken caprese.
- 2 cups (about ¼ pound) tightly packed fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place all ingredients in food processor except olive oil. Pulse until it resembles pesto. Slowly incorporate the olive oil. Taste and season if necessary.
- 2 heads of butter bibb lettuce
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes sliced into wedges
- 4 slices of bacon cooked and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 ounces gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbled
Place a wedge of Boston bibb on the plate, garnish with tomato, bacon and gorgonzola. Drizzle plate with basil dressing. May also add slices of fresh radish, or wedges of avocado, slices of red onion, slices of hard boiled egg.