This is really damn good and so easy. I served roasted rosemary red potatoes & corn on the cobb with the shrimp.
- 1 ½ tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds large shrimp, deveined but not shelled
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
In a large bowl, mix the paprika with the ancho chili powder, brown sugar, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic. Add the shrimp and toss to coat in the spices.
Heat ¼ cup of the oil in 2 large skillets until shimmering. Add the shrimp to the skillets and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until curled and white throughout, about 4 minutes. Add half of the butter to each skillet and swirl them in it. Transfer the shrimp to a platter. Garnish with fresh parsley & lemon and serve.